Mom Reads Proverbs 4

This is just a quick email thing I'm doing with our children this month because I feel the need to speak more scripture into their lives. It gets harder as they get older.  I'll track it here in case they ever want to revisit my efforts.

***************

Hello,

A good reminder this morning:

Pro 4:23 Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.

It all starts and ends with the heart. Vigilance carries with it a sense of watching or guarding, as in a prison guard. We need to watch what we let into our hearts and what comes out. The words of Jesus come to my mind with regard to this principle:

"A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of." -Luke 6:45 NIV

xoxo,

Mom


Comments