Why This Blog?

Most of my mornings begin with Bible and coffee. This blog forces me to slow down, to nail down the text and be precise in my processing and reflections. Admittedly, I'm prejudiced: I think everyone would benefit from beginning their morning with the Word. I was born a Catholic but became a Christian at age 23--not that the two are mutually exclusive but that was my path. Two decades later, my perspective continues to mature--through reading His Word, through His Spirit, through life losses and gains, everyday relationships and the relentless pressures of experience and time. I haven't figured it all out, nor do I expect to. In this world we are given a mere handful of fragments that allude to the greater context of our lives. All the same, they are precious fragments and worthy of our most earnest inquiry. The writings you'll find here usually start with the text then wander. They are not entirely my own. Instead, they are a mix of commentaries I'm pondering, pictures that engage me, and my certainly unpolished musings on this all. Also, I post here for my children. My parents left this world long before expected and left little to bridge the gap of their absence. This blog brings me a measure of certainty in uncertainty---to know that, like Hansel and Gretel, I've done my best to leave a trail of crumbs that lead back home, or at least not further away. I leave the blog public because we are all wandering in some sense, and I count it a privilege to come across other's crumb trails. Sometimes they point me home too.

Comments