Psalm Project

Although I love my new study on the New Testament, I've also been missing the psalms. Psalm study is a rich habit which goes along so nicely with daily reading. For me, they help refocus my mind on Him and the nuances of my relationship with Him.  They read very personally in a way that other portions of the scripture do not.  They are whispers.  They are real.  They are pleas.  They showcase the breathe of human emotion and struggle.

This time through them, I have a few novel goals.

1. To document them individually in the labeling section.

2. To write my thoughts on each without consulting any commentary.  (An exercise in pressing into the text more and my ability to express my thoughts without aid or distraction.)

3. One a day would be nice---it's a goal to strive for.  I'd just like to keep moving along lightly, to foster the habit of the writing and reflection.

Comments