The In-Betweens

 For some months now I've been in-between things...

In between Bible plans. In between different understandings of the Christian faith with regard to social issues, political issues, my understanding of the functioning of the local church.

In between churches. I don't know if we are even in-between churches, or if this will usher in a different way of living out our Christian faith---apart from traditional local congregations.

In between home plans--cleaning out old things from when our children were younger, preparing to renovate parts of our home, but not sure what we exactly want to do, how much it will cost, how it should be.

In between professional roles--no longer teaching, doing some volunteer work and finding out things about myself and others through that too.

In between balancing the needs of my body and mind better--some days making better choices, moving my body, meditating, focusing my mind, learning to take time for these things and view them as positive. Other days, slouching into old eating habits and comfort zones, sluggish.

In between our children being in our home and on their own--parts of them in each place.

And amid all the in-betweens, aware I am a privileged American--not stretched between multiple jobs or displaced by war, famine, or flood. I have time enough to think about the problems of the world and church which seem legion.   

There is a piece of me that would like to write more, practice this discipline, commit to meditating through writing on His word, The Word, my understanding of the world and Word together.  Today I'm honoring that piece and taking time.  I'm choosing a new plan that will work through the New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs.

Here it is for my reference and for whomever may read this and be curious.

Comments