Ecclesiastes 2-3

Title: A Moment of Clarity in a Life Out of Focus
Speaker: Jack Abeleen

Solomon was a pessimist.

"Then I turn myself to consider....."

stops doing and starts observing

Compares wise man and fool.  Then laborer and not so much laboring.   Both viewed in light of death.

He takes a moment at the end to glance up, beyond the clouds, looking at what's beyond, God.

Wisdom should have advantages.  Comparison between someone who carefully plans and one who doesn't (fool).  One who lives his life with reckless abandonment.  There is benefit to how to live one's life.

I can pass my wisdom along to the next ruler...
The wise man lives with alertness.
But then I die...and when all is said and done, no one is going to remember either one of us.

Will "lay up" things for his children....unless....my children are fools  (Rehoboam)
Rehoboam was a "wing nut." ; )

Luke 12---build a barn---can't keep it.
God tells us we CAN store up treasures in Heaven.

I can't protect earthly wealth.

The fool has to work to build up for self only to lose it all...
The Christian uses his resources for God's glory because he doesn't find his identity in it.
But with Christ, "Seek first the Kingdom" and He adds all...

"Money is a great servant but a horrible master."

Comments