Yesterday was a bad day...

Yesterday was a bad day.  Though I know bad days will come, I hate when they ambush me so completely.

Because afterwards, I am a double fool---a fool for the sin and a fool for not knowing the signs, preventing the overflow, for not initiating damage control.

Yesterday was one of those days when all the yucky pieces of me spilled out everywhere, with abandon.  It's never pretty.  Tim Keller suggests that most of us would rather be exposed physically, running down the street naked, than have God see our rotten naked hearts.

My naked heart is a great discouragement to me.

Paul told it like it was, is, will be...until I made made complete in Him:
"For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. 
For I do not understand my own actions. 
For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate."   -Romans 7:14-15 
I do the very thing I hate. And, I hate that I do the very thing I hate.  But I still do it.

Square one.  I am right back at it.

Comments