Psalm 139


This one has to be my all time favorite psalm--the intimacy of God's knowledge of us, the detail of His awareness makes me feel comforted, included, well-loved.

Here are some favorite lines:

"Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." -Psalm 139:16

Although I don't believe that the Lord has predestined every detail of our lives, I do believe He is outside of time and knows the scope of things.  He is unbound by time and His perspective is different and more comprehensive in ways that we cannot fully understand.  This is my best guess at the age old question of predestination vs. free will---that both are true and somehow his perspective is perfect and able to include both as equally true because of this.


Comments